Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baller-Days

Ah yes, even as a staunch atheist, this is a great season.  A time for family, alcohol, food and little to no climbing.  Every year I have taken at least 3 weeks off around this time to get my body mass index through the roof.  Tis the season to be BBs.  I have a sneaking suspicion that Sam Dogan Johnson shares this sentiment as well.  One more final to go, then a solid month break from Grizlandia.

It's been exactly 2 months since I got outside to climb, or even really cared about climbing in general.  Well, the break is about to be over.  New motivation as 2011 comes to a close has got me really itching to get outside.  Headed home for a little bit this weekend with Victoria, might make a stop at Rattler on the way if it's nice, and maybe if the stars align a short Boulder Batholith session on the way back.  Love me some Cretaceous plutonism and spheroidal weathering.  Seeing as my endurance is utter shit, all the time, short routes would be a good way to get some climbing in and Rattler offers some shitty short routes.  Anyone have recommendations?  Whiskey or new areas?  Decisions, decisions.

3 comments:

  1. No business like ho business looks dope. Youtube that shit. v10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. word. you gonna be around on saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Driving out to see my grandmother yesterday I saw a lot of rock. Same stuff that has been there since I've been a kid, just never noticed it then, or not in the same way I suppose. Maybe I should have brought my shoes. Thought about your previous post about developing areas. Too bad I hate/love this place. Lots of untapped stuff in the woods. BMI through the roof, I can relate.

    ReplyDelete